Welcome to the European Technology Platform 'Plants for the Future'
The European Technology Platform ‘Plants for the Future’ - A European partnership for research, development and innovation
The European Technology Platform (ETP) ‘Plants for the Future’ is a stakeholder forum for the plant sector with members from industry, academia and the farming community. It serves as a platform for all stakeholders concerned with plants to provide their views and represent their interests in an open discussion process. It provides a 20-year vision and a short-, medium- and long-term Strategic Research Agenda for Europe’s plant sector setting out a consensus on the research needed to fulfil the vision. In addition, the platform brings key issues to the attention of European bodies such as the European Commission and the European Parliament. These issues include the growing importance of plants and plant sciences to tackle the future challenges for our societies and the crucial support for efforts to give plants an adequate standing and importance in the public view and the political perception. This future role of plants is best expressed in the vision of a Knowledge-Based Bio-Economy (KBBE), in which plants are a main pillar.
- European Parliament gives strong signal to strengthen Europe's plant breeding capacity, Plant ETP Press Release, 07.03.2014
- International Conference - Industrial Technologies 2014 - Athens, Greece, 9-11.04.2014
- Forum for Agriculture 2014 - Brussels, 1.04.2014
- 2nd Conference of the JPI "A Healthy Diet for a Healthy Life", Brussels, 28.03.2014. Register here.
- ERA-IB and ETB: Joint call for multilateral research projects using Industrial Biotechnology, submit proposals until 31.03.2014
- ERA-SUSFOOD: 2nd Joint Call for Proposals of SUSFOOD ERA-Net is open, Submission of Pre-Proposals is possible until 01.04.2014
- FESPB/EPSO Congress 22-26.6.2014, Dublin (Ireland): Programme - Registration - Abstract Submission; 3.02.2014
- European Parliament AGRI Committee underlines value of plant breeding sector, Plant ETP Press Release, 24.01.2014
- Translational Cereal Genomics Conference. Registration still opened until end of January ! Vienna, 9-11.02.2014.
- ERA-CAPS: 2nd transational call "Expanding the European Research Area in Molecular Plant Sciences II" deadline 14.03.14; 14.01.2014
- Horizon 2020 launched with €15 billion over first two years, 11.12.2013. Press release here. List of Work Programmes here.
- Info day on Horizon2020 - Societal Challenge 2, 17.01.2014, Brussels - registration now open until 13 Jan. For info, click here.
- Experts wanted for biggest EU Research and Innovation programme, Horizon 2020, 22.11.2013. Interested candidates are invited to apply online as soon as possible in preparation for the first project proposal evaluations, which are expected to start in early 2014.
- STOA - How to feed the world in 2050? European Parliament, Brussels, 04.12.2013
- The third international "Fascination of Plants Day" will take place under the umbrella of EPSO on the 18th of May 2015. Industries and farmers, in particular, are encouraged to participate, 3.12.2013
- "Tomorrow's biorefineries in Europe" - Biorefinery conference jointly organised by the 3 FP7 research projects EUROBIOREF, BIOCORE and SUPRABIO, Brussels, 11-12.02.2014
- Updates on Horizon 2020 - the Framework Programme for Research and Innovation: 18.09.2013
Timeline updated: the timeline showing the next steps leading up to the first calls for Horizon 2020 has been updated.
Presentation updated: you can find an updated presentation with the latest facts and figures about Horizon 2020 at the end of the press page.
Numbers updated: the figures on the page summarising Horizon 2020 have been updated.
- A Decade of Research Says GM Crops are Safe, Yet Debate Remains Intense, Nicolia et al., 16.06.2013.
- 7th EPSO Conference "Plants for a Greening Economy", Porto Heli, Greece, 1-4.09.2013
- Renewed official recognition by European Commission of the ETP 'Plants for the Future' as an ETP2020, 12.07.2013
- The European Commission officially launches its proposals for establishing 5 Public Private Partnerships in key sectors, including one on the Biobased Industries, Press Release, 10.07.2013
- EASAC: Planting the Future: opportunities and challenges for using crop genetic improvement technologies for sustainable agriculture, Brussels, 27.06.2013
- Plant ETP publishes an article "Joint Basis" in Pan European Networks Journal, 15.06.2013
- 2nd International Fascination of Plants Day, 18.05.2013
- Plant ETP event, Brussels, 23.04.2013: Stimulating Innovation in Plant Genetic Resources - A role for the European Innovation Partnership for Agricultural Productivity and Sustainability - Final report of the event
- Towards an Education Action Plan for the plant sector, April 2013
- Plant ETP position on Horizon 2020, the Common Strategic Framework for Research and Innovation 2014-2020, March 2013