Work Package 2
Topical Workshops of KBBE experts
(WP2 leader: Food for Life TP; Contact:
FABRE TP; Contact:
WP2 aims to:
- Develop recommendations for better interaction between the KBBE ETP stakeholders along the product chains and the sustainability issue regarding multidisciplinary research, innovation and policy issues to enhance implementation of the ETPs’ Strategic Research Agendas (SRAs).
- Link science and application by addressing synergies and gaps between the SRAs of the ETPs and with respect to the research preparedness of the scientific community by organizing three topical workshops on cross-cutting KBBE issues.
- Compose a draft BECOTEPS White Paper based on the recommendations from the workshops to be used in discussions in WP3.
- Finalise the BECOTEPS White Paper based on the feedback from the dissemination events of WP3.
The workshops have involved:
- Bringing together experts of interested stakeholders (academia, industry including SMEs, and other stakeholders) for a constructive dialogue to develop Europe’s enterprises into strong players in the global arena of the KBBE.
- Addressing synergies and gaps between the ETPs and in addition between their strategic objectives and the preparedness of the scientific community, and develop a plan to improve mutual interaction between industry and academia.
- Addressing issues that are important for society, business and research and which concern the areas of several or all KBBE ETPs.
- Encouraging communication and cooperation among scientists, researchers and specialists from different fields and specialisations across the ETPs to forge the necessary links between science and innovation.
- Providing an opportunity for discussions between public and private research initiatives that promote implementation of the ETPs' SRAs (to be further developed in WP3).
The organisers of the three workshops would like to warmly thank all participants for their invaluable contribution during these workshops
The aim of the workshops is to provide input to the BECOTEPS White Paper
The White Paper will identify the challenges faced by the Knowledge-Based Bio-Economy (KBBE) in Europe and propose recommendations for future collaboration among industry and academia and new directions in strategic research and policies for the years to come in order to improve the competitiveness and robustness of the KBBE industries.
Please do not hesitate
your views on the events and your comments / ideas
Your opinions are very valuable for us: the BECOTEPS White Paper will have an immense impact as the recommendations will come jointly from nine European Technology Platforms and will be communicated to the Member States, various EC directorates (DG Research, agriculture, environment, enterprise etc.) and the European Parliament (under the same EU project as the workshops) in 2010.